The Surf and Yoga Immersion offers a fun-filled week in Nosara, with plenty of surf, yoga and relaxation. You will indulge in a variety of activities, including but not limited to surf and yoga, all the while with plenty of time to decompress and relax in the midst of a lush, tropical paradise overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Yoga in our amazing pavilion is a unique experience. Perched high up on a mountain, viewing the Pacific Ocean and surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature, you will love your yoga time with any of our world-class instructors as they guide you into bliss. Some classes will even be geared specifically to loosen those tightly strung surfing muscles and improve your balance on the board.
Like cheese and wine or peanut butter and jelly, surf and yoga tend to go hand in hand. The perfect balance is necessary and is not overlooked. Darin, YY, and Tony’s World Famous Surf Lessons begin in the Yoga Pavilion and then on to Playa Guiones, a 4-mile white-sand beach which boasts the most consistent surf in Costa Rica. Not only will you receive great lessons in and out of the water, you will also be educated in surf theory, history, etiquette, and how to read the waves and the tide to determine whether it is safe, or not, to enter the water. For those interested in going deeper, there will even be a chance to look at greater weather patterns and how they affect surf forecasts. But don’t be fooled! We cater to both beginners as well as lifelong surf fanatics trying to get as many sessions in as their bodies can handle (with at least two sessions/day for those who want it)!
Your week will be enhanced by a zip-line tour, a guided kayak tour, stand up paddle boarding, and a night out to enjoy local restaurants and music. You will get to see firsthand why Nosara is not only a mecca for surf, yoga and health, but also a haven for great musicians and singers from around the world.
Throughout the retreat you will learn:
- The basics of surfing - paddling, duck-diving, timing, etiquette, pop-up etc...
- How currents, sand, tide and swell affect wave formation and how to read this from the beach
- The physics of waves and the meteorological patterns that create them - how to read a surf forecast.
- The mental and physical interconnectedness of surfing and yoga; muscle groups, stretches, and meditations that will help or heal your body from surfing.
- Many more - we personlize every retreat to ability level and interest so you get everything you might need!
The Sun, Surf, and Yoga Retreat Includes:
* 7 day/ 6 night accommodations
* 3 Healthy Vegetarian Meals a Day
* Yoga Daily
* 3 Surf Lessons with Board Rental, 3 Surf Sessions with Board Rental
* Miss Sky Canopy Tour (Zip-line)
* Guided Kayak Or Paddle Board Tour
* Night out for music
* Night out for dinner
* Daily maid service
* Transportation to and from excursions, activities, beach trips and our local Nosara airport
* Not included: taxes, alcohol, and gratuities
Quad Shared Room/ Shared Bath - $1260 per person
Single Occupancy - $2640
Double Occupancy - $2040 per person
Triple Occupancy - $1740 per person